Innovative Change Leadership Inventory (iCLi)
Are you an innovative change leader?
This assessment helps to identify individual strengths and potential areas of development to prepare for innovation and growth.
Innovation Climate Index (iCi)
Is your organisation ready for innovation and growth?
An organisational assessment that measures preparedness for change and readiness for growth. Identifies the paradoxical positions that indicate whether an organisation has the best climate and culture to support innovation.
ABOUT THE iCi and iCLi MEASURES
The 2 key modes for innovative thinking
The iCLi (Innovative Change Leader Inventory- for leaders) & iCi ((Innovation Climate Index - for organisations) measure will help individuals & organisations to identify strengths in innovative thinking, along with potential areas for development. Our research has revealed that the best innovators are able to work in both:
- ‘EXPLORATION’ mode (having the ability to think broadly and make diverse connections for ideation) AND
- ‘PRESERVATION’ mode (solution focused thinking for implementable innovation outcomes).
These profiling tools identify four key ‘paradoxical pairings’ that have been proven to assist with innovation in these two modes. It is through effectively balancing both polar positions of the paradox at each stage of the innovation process that individuals will have the most success. These factors include:
- LIBERATE: Freedom + Control
- INITIATE: Openness + Focus
- MOTIVATE: Group engagement + Independence
- TRANSFORM: Flexibility + Stability
The tools enable you to see where you are currently positioned between these two poles. You will be able to easily see if they have balance on both sides, or if you have developed a strength on one side at the expense of the other. You will be able to identify whether you are more likely to be able to innovate through connections and collaboration with people (people focus), or through task competencies (task focus). You will be able to identify the challenges of operating at the extremes (with the potential for burnout) and where there are shortcomings (the potential for ineffectiveness). Through identifying your current (leadership & organisation) location, you then become more empowered to identify the best future state and to set some goals and strategies for how you can reach your best potential. It will also assist you with ensuring you work with others who can complement your strengths.
WHAT THE ASSESSMENTS INCLUDE
The iCi and iCLi reports provide the following:
- GRAPH: Showing relative positions on each of the four scales to reveal any specific balances and biases
- DESCRIPTIONS: Explanations of each of the positions and how they can impact attitudes and behaviors
- PROFILES: Of the company culture and / or individual positions
These measures can be used as repeat long term measuresto identify current state, desired state and changes in position over time to identify progress
- Gain valuable feedback about individual and organizational positions
- Discover strengths and challenges for individual and the organizational development
- Identify opprtunities for ongoing development and growth
- Coaching individuals to provide feedback on areas for potential development
- Designing organizational change programs for better organizational development
- Free Downloadable PDF: About iCi and iCLi Assessements
- Book: The Innovation Race: How to change a culture to change the game
- Workshop: The Amazing Innovation Race: An exciting global adventure to discover how to change a culture to change the game
- Keynote: Leading an innovative culture